Pages

Monday 10 September 2012

Production Post 1

In today's lesson we started to design a School Magazine in practice for our music magazine. We began the lesson by getting into small groups and taking a camera to a location where we would take our pictures which would appear on the front cover and contents page. After we had taken the photos we then returned to class and uploaded them onto the computer where we imported them into Photoshop. I am familiar with working with Photoshop so I cracked on right away with the makings of the magazine. I started by increasing the scale of the main image so it filled the entire page and would catch any audiences eye. I then moved on to decide an appropriate title for the magazine and making it stand out above the picture. I experimented with many fonts that I could possibly use for my music magazine which would save me one job to do when it come down to planning it. I chose the name "The Big H" as I thought it wasn't too cliché and may stand out over other magazines. After I had designed a suitable logo and name I began to think of some typical inside stories I could include on the front cover which would be typical of a school magazine. I also needed a cover story that would be suitable for students to read and be interested in. 
Sir also told us about the coursework side of the AS exam. He explained to us that its important that we get the best possible mark in our coursework and keep improving it until we reach the best possible mark. This is so we have something to fall back on if the exam doesn't go how well you want it too. 
Possible ideas for my music magazine:
          - Bass
          - The Bass Line
          - The Vibe/Vibes
          - Sound
          - 411

No comments:

Post a Comment